Re: error that doesn't make sense to me

Craig White writes:
> # /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d -1 2&>1 > /root/test.slapd.log

This redirects stderr to what is currently stdout, and stdout to
the logfile.  The stdout redirection does not affect stderr.

To redirect both to the logfile, use >/root/test.slapd.log 2&>1

The debug levels are bit flags #defined in include/ldap_log.h in the
source tree.  I thought I'd seen them in a manual too, but apparently
not:

#define LDAP_DEBUG_TRACE    0x0001
#define LDAP_DEBUG_PACKETS  0x0002
#define LDAP_DEBUG_ARGS     0x0004
#define LDAP_DEBUG_CONNS    0x0008
#define LDAP_DEBUG_BER      0x0010
#define LDAP_DEBUG_FILTER   0x0020
#define LDAP_DEBUG_CONFIG   0x0040
#define LDAP_DEBUG_ACL      0x0080
#define LDAP_DEBUG_STATS    0x0100  (log each request and response)
#define LDAP_DEBUG_STATS2   0x0200  (also log search results)
#define LDAP_DEBUG_SHELL    0x0400
#define LDAP_DEBUG_PARSE    0x0800
#define LDAP_DEBUG_CACHE    0x1000
#define LDAP_DEBUG_INDEX    0x2000