Re: OpenLDAP 2.1 or 2.2

--On Monday, June 28, 2004 11:08 AM +0100 Duncan Brannen <dbb@st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi, I notice the stable release has moved from 2.1.30 to 2.2.13, I've just started the upgrade of our servers from 2.1.22 to 2.1.30.

Is it recommended to go to 2.2.13 (or even .14) instead.  Any obvious
benefits / caveats ? Slurpd or syncrepl?  Is there a 2.1 vs 2.2 page
anywhere?

Also a question aimed at Quanah, the Stanford pages say you build SASL
before
Berkeley but SASL needs Berkeley (and my compile found the Berkeley
libraries
later, even though it compiled before they were there - wierd)  Is it a
typo or do
you have a 2nd install of bdb 4.1 you compile sasl against?

Hi Duncan,

I suggest OpenLDAP 2.2. OpenLDAP 2.1 is reaching end of life, and soon any answers around 2.1 are likely to be "upgrade to 2.2". ;)

It has a lot of improvements over 2.1, but there are things you will likely have to tweak (ACL files, etc) to get everything matching corrected syntaxes.

As for the SASL bit, I've relocated where BDB appears on the software list. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer