Re: Fatal error: Cannot map library libdb-4.2.so

--On Monday, June 28, 2004 4:02 PM +0100 Jorge Ruão <jruao@fe.up.pt> wrote:

Hi,

I've done:
_________
root@tweety:/>cd /usr/local/libexec/

root@tweety:/usr/local/libexec>ls /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/
libdb-4.2.a   libdb-4.2.so  libdb.a
libdb-4.2.la  libdb-4.so    libdb.so

root@tweety:/usr/local/libexec>ldd slapd
55882:slapd: ldd: Fatal Error: Cannot generate dynamic dependencies for
library libdb-4.2.so

root@tweety:/usr/local/libexec>LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/

root@tweety:/usr/local/libexec>echo $LD_RUN_PATH
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/

root@tweety:/usr/local/libexec>ldd slapd
55883:slapd: ldd: Fatal Error: Cannot generate dynamic dependencies for
library libdb-4.2.so
_________

Is there any other thing that must be done to set the BerkeleyDB libs?

Hi Jorge,

Please, again, don't email me off of the OpenLDAP software list.

Also, as I stated before, I'm not entirely familiar with your OS or its peculiarities.

Another thing to see, is if it is libdb-4.2.so that has the issue.

Can you "cd /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib" and do a "ldd libdb-4.2.so"?

Perhaps one of the libraries it wants can't be found.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer