Re: substring search problem

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

I want to search the object with
(&(objectclass=agency)(employes="uid=dmessner*") and I don't know why it
doesn't work
It works with (&(objectclass=agency)(o=L*)) but I don't want to find an
agency by its name but by the employee into it.
Is it a matching rule problem?
The equality for employes is distinguishedNameMatch, is it correct for
substring search?

do you see any SUBSTR (substring) matching rule in the definition of employes (which, I assume, is derived from distinguishedName)?

p.

It's not derived form distinguishedName it's only the same syntax, and the substring rule is not specified, I must fill it with something?