Re: substring search problem

MESSNER D wrote:
Hello I want to do a search in a multi valued attribute in that base:

ou=agence

objectclass:agency
o=Lille
employes: uid=dupont,ou=employes,dc=xxx
               uid=dmessner,ou=employes,dc=xxx
               uid=durant,ou=employes,dc=xxx
               uid=henri,ou=employes,dc=xxx

objectclass:agency o=Marseille employes: uid=richard,ou=employes,dc=xxx uid=paul,ou=employes,dc=xxx uid=jack,ou=employes,dc=xxx uid=pierre,ou=employes,dc=xxx

I want to search the object with (&(objectclass=agency)(employes="uid=dmessner*") and I don't know why it doesn't work
It works with (&(objectclass=agency)(o=L*)) but I don't want to find an agency by its name but by the employee into it.
Is it a matching rule problem?
The equality for employes is distinguishedNameMatch, is it correct for substring search?

I suspect you haven't got uid indexed for substring match.

Dave
--
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, IT Services