Anonimous Binding

Sorry for being so tedious, I think I resolved th search problem but HOW may I perform a bind operation if I haven't any username in a DIT? I mean if I just want to read data in a tree to discover some info hidden in it, what should I do?
The OpenLDAP Administrator guide said that slapd support by default anonimous binding (that is no name and no password). So how may I perform anonimous binding using LDAP C API? I've tried passing zero lenght string to ldap_simple_bind_s() and NULL too but It doesn't work
(no search result). PLEASE ANSWER FOR THE LAST TIME!!!