Re: Anonimous Binding

Hi,

On Friday 02 May 2003 13:56, Stefano Semeria wrote:
> Sorry for being so tedious, I think I resolved th search problem but HOW
> may I perform a bind operation if I haven't any username in a DIT? I mean
> if I just want to read data in a tree to discover some info hidden in it,
> what should I do? The OpenLDAP Administrator guide said that slapd support
> by default anonimous binding (that is no name and no password). So how may
> I perform anonimous binding using LDAP C API? I've tried passing zero
> lenght string to ldap_simple_bind_s() and NULL too but It doesn't work (no
> search result). PLEASE ANSWER FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

I don't use the LDAP C API, but I'd think the sources for thel LDAP tools
priovided with OpenLDAP (e.g. ldapsearch) might give a clue how to
call the functions required.

It should be clear that even if you have programmed it correctly
it may not work when the server admin has disallowed anonymous
read access for the DIT parts / attributes you are interested in.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de