RE: dynamic ACLs

I've toyed with this idea myself for a while - a backend that is an
interface
to slapd.conf, so that it presents clauses in the config file as objects in
the DIT. Modifying attributes/entries in this backend would rewrite the file
and invoke the parser on the modified clause. As I see it, there's no
technical
reason why slapd cannot have dynamically modified schema, acls, anything
else,
once you provide dynamic access to the parsing routines.

There are some confusing issues here though; if you allow backends to be
defined
and removed, various other attributes that maybe shouldn't be messed with...

  -- Howard Chu