RE: dynamic ACLs

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Howard Chu wrote:
[snippage on storing the config file in the DIT]
> There are some confusing issues here though; if you allow backends to be
> defined
> and removed, various other attributes that maybe shouldn't be messed with...

What's needed is a clear boundary between data about how the objects in
the directory are to be used, and data about how the server itself
operates.  The former could be stored in the DIT but my gut tells me that
the latter should not, as indeed it leads to chicken/egg dilemmas.

I found the current mixture of these issues confusing at first, and I
still can't think of a good reason why it *must* be that way.

Make a good day.