ldapdelete inconsistency with master & slave

Hi,

I've got a master & slave ldap on two host A & B. When I perform ldapadd, both
A & B are updated. But when I do ldapdelete, only A is updated. I get the
following when I perform ldapdelete via the master A:

csvhl@lynx:~/openldap/var > ../bin/ldapdelete -W -D
"cn=Manager,dc=rachel,dc=warwick,dc=ac,dc=uk" dn
"cn=John1,ou=RachelOrg,dc=warwick ,dc=ac,dc=uk"
Enter LDAP Password:
Delete Result: Invalid DN syntax (34)
Additional info: invalid DN

On A, I have an extra schema, called 'mull.schema' which is included in
slapd.conf. I don't have that schema in B's slapd.conf. Could that be the
problem. Please help. Thanks in advance,

Rachel