AIX memory problems

hi,

i've problems running slapd (1.2.11) on AIX 4.3.3 machines. slapd
allocates memory, and doesn't free it then. so the process is growing
and growing up to about 130k (system limit would be 256k, i think) of
mem, and then freezing. i even can't terminate the process with a simple
kill. i had to send -9 to get rid of the slapd. and that's really NOT
what i call a clean shutdown...
anybody knows what's the problem? we believe it's AIX thread management
or smth. like that. anybody has expirience with openldap on AIX? please
respond...

btw: we have a working 1.2.9 on another AIX 4.3.3 machine that is also
quit big (about 120k of mem), but it's running stable... (for about a
month till now...)

daniel
--
Daniel Tiefnig