Re: Slurpd replication.

At 02:54 PM 10/1/00 -0400, Evan Rohrkemper wrote:
>Hello all,
>I am attempting to setup a replicating LDAP directory between 2 machines
>that will be running sendmail with LDAP mail routing. I have
>successfully configured the replication from the master to the slave.
>However, I am unable to get the slave directory to give an update
>referral back. I have read the documentation

The documentation is for 2.0, not 1.2.  For 1.2, you need to
use the U-Mich Guide (see faq for URL).

>and tried using the `update
>ldap://master.domain.com' directive as well as `updateref
>ldap://master.domain.com'.

It should be 'updateref'.  That's a doc bug (which I'll soon fix).

> Neither of these directives made any
>difference. You can still update the slave directory and it will just
>silently take an update and not let the master know.

Do you have an updatedn set?

>I am running
>openldap-1.2.11 (from source) on both machines on top of Redhat linux
>6.1 for the slave and 6.2 for the master.

1.2 doesn't support 'updateref', you need to use 'referral' instead.

>Am I missing some step? Am I
>doing something wrong? Does anyone else have replication working
>properly? What does your slapd.conf look like for the slave?

My best advice is to examine the tests/data .conf files.