Re: RE24 testing call #3 (OL 2.4.24)

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Am Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:01:31 +0100 (CET)
schrieb masarati@aero.polimi.it:

Am Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:38:31 -0800
schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>:

--On Friday, January 14, 2011 6:25 PM +0100 Dieter Kluenter
<dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

Am Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:08:23 -0800
schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>:

Fixes to the dreaded solaris hang with back-monitor included.
Please test. :)
./scripts/test020-proxycache failed for hdb (exit 255)
make: *** [hdb-yes] Fehler 255
While I appreciate you taking the time to test, this report
provides no useful information.  Please provide some data that can
actually be examined for issues.
This submisssion was unintentional and too early, sorry

Starting test020-proxycache for hdb...
Starting master slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
Using ldapsearch to check that master slapd is running...
Using ldapadd to populate the master directory...
Starting proxy cache on TCP/IP port 9012...
Using ldapsearch to check that proxy slapd is running...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
ldapsearch failed (255)!
./scripts/test020-proxycache failed for hdb (exit 255)
make: *** [hdb-yes] Fehler 255

slapd.2.log doesn't show much, the last lines where

put_filter: simple
put_simple_filter:
"namingContexts:distinguishedNameMatch:=dc=example,dc=com"
ber_scanf fmt ({mm}) ber:
ber_scanf fmt ({mm}) ber:
ber_scanf fmt ({t) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (m) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (t) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (m) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (t) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (m) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (}) ber:
dnPretty: <dc=example,dc=com>
<<< dnPretty: <dc=example,dc=com>
dnNormalize: <dc=example,dc=com>
<<< dnNormalize: <dc=example,dc=com>
=> monitor_back_search
dnNormalize: <dc=example,dc=com>
<<< dnNormalize: <dc=example,dc=com>
send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0

The core doesn't provide much information either:

Core was generated by
`/home/dieter/build/openldap/servers/slapd/.libs/lt-slapd -s0
-f /home/dieter/bu'. Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation
fault. #0  0x00002b8afa89117d in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00002b8afa89117d in ?? ()
Maybe you can start slapd manually (-h ldap://:9012 -f
tesrtrun/slapd.2.conf -dargs,trace,stats) and see if it becomes
responsive and so.  What you show is the result of an internal
operation (conn=-1), and there seems to be no logging related to the
ldapsearch that's checking if it started correctly.

This error might be due to -DBDB_MONITOR_IDX, if I compile without this
flag, all tests run well. There might be something else strange in my
script, please check:

export BDBDIR="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8"
export CFLAGS="-DBDB_MONITOR_IDX -g3 -march=athlon64"
export LDFLAGS="-L${BDBDIR}/lib -R${BDBDIR}/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I${BDBDIR}/include"
PREFIX="/home/dieter/openldap/"
DATABASE="hdb"
make distclean ;
./configure \
--prefix=${PREFIX} \
--enable-dynamic \
--enable-aci \
--enable-modules \
--enable-rewrite \
--enable-bdb=yes \
--enable-hdb=yes \
--enable-ldap=yes \
--enable-monitor=yes \
--enable-meta=mod \
--enable-perl=mod \
--enable-relay=mod \
--enable-monitor=yes \
--enable-sql=mod \
--enable-overlays=mod
make depend && make && cd tests
export DB_CONFIG=/tmp/slapd1/DB_CONFIG
export USE_SASL=yes
export SLAPD_DEBUG=1
sleep 5 ; make $DATABASE ;
exit 0

cannot reproduce; I built re24 with all backends/overlays built as dynamic modules and -DBDB_MONITOR_IDX and this test seems to work fine, including correctly populating the olmBDBNotIndexed attribute for non-indexed searches. Same when using exactly the same of your configure. Any other hint?

p.