Re: RE24 testing call #3 (OL 2.4.24)

> Am Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:38:31 -0800
> schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>:
>
>> --On Friday, January 14, 2011 6:25 PM +0100 Dieter Kluenter
>> <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

>> > ./scripts/test020-proxycache failed for hdb (exit 255)
>> > make: *** [hdb-yes] Fehler 255
>>
>> While I appreciate you taking the time to test, this report provides
>> no useful information.  Please provide some data that can actually be
>> examined for issues.
>
> This submisssion was unintentional and too early, sorry

> Starting master slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
> Using ldapsearch to check that master slapd is running...
> Using ldapadd to populate the master directory...
> Starting proxy cache on TCP/IP port 9012...
> Using ldapsearch to check that proxy slapd is running...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> ldapsearch failed (255)!
> make: *** [hdb-yes] Fehler 255
>
> slapd.2.log doesn't show much, the last lines where
>
> put_filter: simple
> put_simple_filter:
> "namingContexts:distinguishedNameMatch:=dc=example,dc=com"
> ber_scanf fmt ({mm}) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt ({mm}) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt ({t) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (m) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (t) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (m) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (t) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (m) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (}) ber:
> <<< dnPretty: <dc=example,dc=com>
> <<< dnNormalize: <dc=example,dc=com>
> => monitor_back_search
> <<< dnNormalize: <dc=example,dc=com>
> send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0
>
> The core doesn't provide much information either:
>
> Core was generated by
> `/home/dieter/build/openldap/servers/slapd/.libs/lt-slapd -s0
> -f /home/dieter/bu'. Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation
> fault. #0  0x00002b8afa89117d in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00002b8afa89117d in ?? ()

Maybe you can start slapd manually (-h ldap://:9012 -f
tesrtrun/slapd.2.conf -dargs,trace,stats) and see if it becomes responsive
and so.  What you show is the result of an internal operation (conn=-1),
and there seems to be no logging related to the ldapsearch that's checking
if it started correctly.

p.