Re: [ldapext] Authentication information in LDAP URLs

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

In note that LDAPBIS had concerns with bindname not be
recognized (let alone supported) by all implementations
and axed it from the revised technical specification.

Uuuh? (Cc:-ed ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org)

bindname extension should be left in LDAP URL specification since there are existing applications deploying it. web2ldap and various of my custom software are using it based on the ldapurl.LDAPUrl class in python-ldap.

Off course there are security considerations with credentials in LDAP URLs. I generally do not recommend putting credentials in LDAP URLs.

Ciao, Michael.