Re: Question about ppolicy usage

On 4/2/19 8:31 AM, Mikael Bak wrote:
> On 2019. 04. 01. 18:07, Michael Ströder wrote:
>> I'd recommend to use another attribute and define a ACL on
>> attrs=userPassword for that.
>
> Yes, I can do that, but I did not find any obvious choise of attribute
> for this in the included schemas. What attribute do you recommend for this?

One candidate is 'organizationalStatus':

But you would need to define your own custom object class.

>> For Æ-DIR I defined custom meta attributes aeStatus, aeExpiryStatus,
>> aeNotAfter etc.
>>
>> https://www.ae-dir.com/docs.html#schema-at-aeStatus
>
> Thanks for the info.
> How do handle the expiry in Æ-DIR? I have not found a way to construct
> an ACL that can have "today" or "now" as a search parameter.

Last time something like this was discussed here:
https://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201402/msg00186.html

I'd love to see this implemented:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pluta-ldap-srv-side-current-time-match-01

Until then Æ-DIR uses a small CRON job for updating 'aeStatus' if
'aeNotAfter' is reached and 'aeExpiryStatus' is set.

Ciao, Michael.