Re: Question about ppolicy usage

On 4/1/19 5:32 PM, Mikael Bak wrote:
> 1) I want to be able to disable users. I can do this by setting:
> pwdAccountLockedTime: 000001010000Z

I'd recommend to use another attribute and define a ACL on
attrs=userPassword for that.

> 2) I want to be able to set a date in the future when a user account
> will expire / deactivate.
>
> I was hoping to be able to set "pwdAccountLockedTime" to a date in the
> future and after that date the user account would be locked.
>
> Reading the source code for ppolicy I find an interesting block in the
> function "account_locked()" at line 356:
>
> /* Still in the future? not yet in effect */
> if (now < then)
>  return 0;
>
> This leads me to believe that the author's intension may have been to
> allow what I want to do.

Note that semantics for 'pwdAccountLockedTime' are defined herein:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy

It does not mean what you want to achieve.

For Æ-DIR I defined custom meta attributes aeStatus, aeExpiryStatus,
aeNotAfter etc.

https://www.ae-dir.com/docs.html#schema-at-aeStatus

Ciao, Michael.