Re: Monitor configuration... also for the manual

Hi Michael,

On 08.02.2019 at 20:29, Michael Ströder wrote:
On 2/7/19 9:34 AM, Arno Lehmann wrote:
On 07.02.2019 at 03:31, Howard Chu wrote:
Did you try searching to see if cn=monitor is actually there?

Yes, although I'm not exactly sure I have this sorted out correctly.
What I did was for example this:

root@host:~/ldap# ldapsearch -Q -LLL -H ldapi:/// -Y EXTERNAL -b '' -s
base + '*' | grep -v supported
dn:
objectClass: top
objectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
structuralObjectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
configContext: cn=config
namingContexts: dc=<redacted>,dc=de
entryDN:
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema

To me it seems it is *not* there. The operational attribute
'monitorContext' contains the suffix of "database monitor".

So if back-monitor is correctly configured this query goes like this:

So I guess I really did not add a monit database yet, which is exactly what I'd like to achieve.

Thanks for confirming.

In fact, I noticed that slapd, when started f.e. as slapcat, complains that no monitoring database is configured:

root@host:~/ldap# slapcat -n 1 >/dev/null 5c5e0a7d mdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to enable

... but adding the monitor database was impossible.

Which is what I was trying to solve these days.

Thanks and cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann