Re: Monitor configuration... also for the manual

Hi Howard, all,

On 07.02.2019 at 03:31, Howard Chu wrote:
...>> Unfortunately, the whole thing did not exactly work out as I intended, because the crucial step insists on failing. Namely, trying to create a monitor database
fails, indicating there already is one in existence. However, I can't find any such beast:

root@host:~/ldap# ldapsearch -Q -LLL -H ldapi:/// -Y EXTERNAL -b 'cn=config' '(|(olcDatabase=monitor)(objectClass=olcMonitorConfig))'
root@host:~/ldap#

Did you try searching to see if cn=monitor is actually there?

Yes, although I'm not exactly sure I have this sorted out correctly. What I did was for example this:

root@host:~/ldap# ldapsearch -Q -LLL -H ldapi:/// -Y EXTERNAL -b '' -s base + '*' | grep -v supported
dn:
objectClass: top
objectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
structuralObjectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
configContext: cn=config
namingContexts: dc=<redacted>,dc=de
entryDN:
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema

... which shows more or less what I would expect -- a naming context, configuration under cn=config, the subschemaSubentry, and nothing resembling monitoring stuff.

If there are other, possibly better ways to check, let me know - I'm quite aware I'm far from really understanding LDAP in general, and OpenLDAP in particular.

Thanks,

Arno
--
Arno Lehmann