Re: Monitor configuration... also for the manual

On 2/7/19 9:34 AM, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> On 07.02.2019 at 03:31, Howard Chu wrote:
>> Did you try searching to see if cn=monitor is actually there?
>
> Yes, although I'm not exactly sure I have this sorted out correctly.
> What I did was for example this:
>
> root@host:~/ldap# ldapsearch -Q -LLL -H ldapi:/// -Y EXTERNAL -b '' -s
> base + '*' | grep -v supported
> dn:
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
> structuralObjectClass: OpenLDAProotDSE
> configContext: cn=config
> namingContexts: dc=<redacted>,dc=de
> entryDN:
> subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema

To me it seems it is *not* there. The operational attribute
'monitorContext' contains the suffix of "database monitor".

So if back-monitor is correctly configured this query goes like this:

$ ldapsearch -H ldapi:/// -Y EXTERNAL -b '' -s base monitorContext
dn:
monitorContext: cn=Monitor

Ciao, Michael.