Re: Why built-in schemas are a bad idea

--On Wednesday, November 07, 2018 7:02 PM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

As I understand Ulrich, the old SLES11 package does not even support the
module load directive to be added.

That's why I think that his expectation that rolling upgrades with
replicated cn=config always just work cannot be met.

Right, because SLES fundamentally changed how slapd is built out. In that scenario, rolling upgrades will not work. This wouldn't work with slapd.conf either, since you'd have to change the slapd.conf configuration too. I.e., nothing specific to cn=config about this, although cn=config does add an additional wrinkle since it can be replicated.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>