Re: Why built-in schemas are a bad idea

Ulrich,

while I somewhat understand your frustration...

On 11/7/18 11:05 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> This makes a replicated cn=config very difficult for a rolling upgrade of MMR servers.

...I think the above is the root cause of your trouble.

Even if the build configuration would not have changed there has been
syncrepl interop issues between different releases in the past. So I
would not expect this to always work.

Personally I'd strongly recommend to use a decent config management
instead of replicating cn=config which helps with lots of other issues
too. Still rolling upgrades can be a challenge, but you would at least
not have to get cn=config working to get changes propagated.
(No, I don't want to start yet another static vs. dynamic config
discussion.)

Ciao, Michael.