Re: mdb backup via slapcat

--On Friday, June 24, 2016 1:29 PM +0200 Bastian Tweddell <b.tweddell@fz-juelich.de> wrote:

Dear all,

I am used to run slapcat to create backups of the backend database
_while_ slapd is running. Recently I migrated from bdb to mdb. Now I
read that using slapcat on a running slapd is only safe for bdb and hdb
backends [1].

You are confusing LDBM with LMDB. Two entirely different things. Slapcat is perfectly valid for back-mdb. The FAQ simply hasn't been updated in years. I.e., LMDB didn't even exist the last time it was updated.

Platform Architect
Manager, Systems Team
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc