Re: mdb backup via slapcat

On 24Jun16 07:19-0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Friday, June 24, 2016 1:29 PM +0200 Bastian Tweddell
> > I am used to run slapcat to create backups of the backend database
> > _while_ slapd is running. Recently I migrated from bdb to mdb. Now I
> > read that using slapcat on a running slapd is only safe for bdb and hdb
> > backends [1].
>
> You are confusing LDBM with LMDB.  Two entirely different things.  Slapcat
> is perfectly valid for back-mdb.  The FAQ simply hasn't been updated in
> years.  I.e., LMDB didn't even exist the last time it was updated.

Yes, you are right, I got confused by LDBM and LMDB and an outdated FAQ
entry. I sleep better now after having learned that my backups aren't
prone to corruption in this sense.

Many thanks,
--
Bastian Tweddell               Juelich Supercomputing Centre
phone: +49 (2461) 61-6586          HPC in Neuroscience