Re: ldapdelete recursive (-r) with syncrepl

--On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:40 PM -0400 Frank Crow <fjcrow2008@gmail.com> wrote:

Oops... sorry... had inadvertently used "reply" rather than "reply all"!

Seems that if I used "ldapdelete -ZZ <dn>" on a single entry e.g.,
"uid=someuser,ou=Users,o=xxx,dc=yyy,dc=zzz" that propagates fine.   But
if I delete the parent in bulk "ldapdelete -ZZ
ou=Users,o=xxx,dc=yyy,dc=zzz" then none of the "delete entry" actions get
propagated to the other masters.   They still have the entire tree.

Is that the expected behavior?   Should I only ever delete children
nodes and not containers?

OpenLDAP version? It would also be useful to know your syncrepl configuration, etc (minus any passwords).

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc