Re: Invalid credentials

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 02:33:18PM -0500, Dave Beach wrote:
OK, some sanity checks:
ensure the parent entry exists and has expected contents:
ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=drbhome,dc=ca -W -s base -b 'dc=drbhome,dc=ca'
'*' +
("'*' +" is asking for all attributes including operational ones; then the
output will be closer to what you see from slapcat)

Result: 34 Invalid DN syntax
Text: invalid DN

Unexpected.

Did I mistype something?

Did you mistype something when copying it?

If you copied and pasted, did some intermediate step mangle the result (for example transforming the ascii quotes into Unicode fancy ones)?

All of which is reminding me of something I was thinking of earlier: is it
somehow possible that slapcat is able to read the entries (which it does),
but ldapsearch is not because it's reading something OTHER THAN the same
database slapcat is querying?

Your config looked ok to me (nice simple config, hard to mess up), but it's possible. Make sure your slapd and slapcat use the same -f argument.

slapd -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf [other args ...]

and

slapcat -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf [other args e.g. -b 'dc=drbhome,dc=ca']

should be operating on the same data.

When you moved the LDAP database from the old machine to this one, you did that via slapcat/slapadd, right? Did you empty out /var/lib/ldap (except for DB_CONFIG) before slapadd?