RE: Invalid credentials

>OK, some sanity checks:
>ensure the parent entry exists and has expected contents:
>ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=drbhome,dc=ca -W -s base -b 'dc=drbhome,dc=ca'
'*' +
>("'*' +" is asking for all attributes including operational ones; then the
output will be closer to what you see from slapcat)

Result: 34 Invalid DN syntax
Text: invalid DN

>ensure the samba domain entry exists and has expected contents:
>ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=drbhome,dc=ca -W -s base -b
'sambaDomainName=DRBHOME,dc=drbhome,dc=ca' '*' +

Same result.

>try each part of the filter separately:
>ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=drbhome,dc=ca -W -s sub -b 'dc=drbhome,dc=ca'
'(objectClass=sambaDomain)'

Result: 32 No such object

>ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=drbhome,dc=ca -W -s sub -b 'dc=drbhome,dc=ca'
'(sambaDomainName=DRBHOME)'

Result: 32 No such object

All of which is reminding me of something I was thinking of earlier: is it
somehow possible that slapcat is able to read the entries (which it does),
but ldapsearch is not because it's reading something OTHER THAN the same
database slapcat is querying?