RE: Invalid credentials

--On Saturday, February 20, 2016 12:45 PM -0500 Dave Beach <drbeach4@gmail.com> wrote:

It is unlikely your installation uses slapd.conf at all.  Modern
OpenLDAP installations have long since abandoned that deprecated method
of configuration.

Understood. I'm using slapd.conf until I get things working again, at
which point I can decide if I want to convert to cn=config. Slapd is
starting with -f /etc/ldap/slapf.conf.

Keep in mind that invalid credentials does not necessarily mean the password is wrong. It can also mean the binddn you used doesn't exist. I.e., you had a typo, or used the wrong DN. Given the close to zero amount of information provided about the DN in question in your configuration, it's essentially impossible for us to know what the issue is.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc