Re: Invalid credentials

--On Friday, February 19, 2016 11:07 PM -0500 Dave Beach <drbeach4@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to debug a new openldap install on Debian Jessie.

Password has been set with slappasswd, no command line options. I get a
{SSHA} hash returned – what am I putting in slapd.conf for the admin
password: the hashed (as rootpw {SSHA} password) or unhashed (as rootpw
password) password? Either returns ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
when I restart slapd and perform an ldapsearch. Rootdn has been correctly
set in slapd.conf.

What can I provide in terms of output or log info to help some kind soul
help me?

It is unlikely your installation uses slapd.conf at all. Modern OpenLDAP installations have long since abandoned that deprecated method of configuration.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc