Re: BP build OpenLDAP and lmdb packages

--On Monday, September 28, 2015 10:26 AM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Hmm, in the long run I'd like to see a single liblmdb being installed
with the accompanying tools system-wide just like the BDB libs/tools. I
understand that this would limit the freedom of developing/shipping an
OpenLDAP-specific "fork" in the OpenLDAP sources.

Can't say I've necessarily seen that done with BDB either... Like RHEL and debian tend to have multiple bdb versions available, with the tools named things like db42_dump etc, so that the version specific utilities can be used.

On the LMDB side, we're missing things like libtool versioning that would allow this to be more easily possible. Also, having it so 0.9.x is backwards compatible with 0.9.y, y < x, would make things a bit easier to deal with as well.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.