BP build OpenLDAP and lmdb packages

HI!

I wonder what's considered best practice for building OpenLDAP and lmdb
packages e.g. for a Linux distribution.

Fortunately lmdb seems to be leveraged by more and more other software. So
Linux distributions start to ship lmdb libs and tools as separate packages.

1. Do I have a chance to build OpenLDAP against those packages? Which releases
have to be aligned?

2. Or should I link back-mdb statically into slapd when producing OpenLDAP
packages? This would probably also require to build separate version of the
mdb tools.

Of course personally I'd prefer 1.

Ciao, Michael.