Re: BP build OpenLDAP and lmdb packages

--On Saturday, September 26, 2015 8:11 PM +0200 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

HI!

I wonder what's considered best practice for building OpenLDAP and lmdb
packages e.g. for a Linux distribution.

Fortunately lmdb seems to be leveraged by more and more other software. So
Linux distributions start to ship lmdb libs and tools as separate
packages.

1. Do I have a chance to build OpenLDAP against those packages? Which
releases have to be aligned?

2. Or should I link back-mdb statically into slapd when producing OpenLDAP
packages? This would probably also require to build separate version of
the mdb tools.

OpenLDAP should only ever be statically linked to the version of liblmdb it ships with.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.