Re: Syncrepl issue with one node

From:	espeake@oreillyauto.com
To:	openldap-technical@openldap.org
Date:	06/09/2015 07:51 AM
Subject:	Syncrepl issue with one node
Sent by:	"openldap-technical" <openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org>

We are running openLDAP 2.4.39 in an MMR replication on Ubuntu 14.04.  I
have one node that is not wanting to sync with other nodes giving the
following error:

Jun  9 06:51:35 tn-ldap-a-1 slapd[3138]: do_syncrep2: rid=006 CSN too old,
ignoring 20150609115135.153480Z#000000#003#000000

As you can see the CSN shows the exact same time the time that is being
logged. We are in the U.S. Central timezone.  I have checked our ntp
service on my three nodes.  All three are pointed to the same ntp and are
in sync.  Would be possible that one node might still be just a few
miliseconds too fast and the csn timestamp would appear wrong?  Is there a
logging level I can set for that specific issue?  I am currently logging
the sync records.  I can go to debug in needed.

Thank you,
Eric Speake
Senior Systems Administrator
Information Systems
O'Reilly Auto Parts
 (417) 862-2674  Ext. 1975

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by
Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the
intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are
not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank
you.

This is an example from my config for the syncrepl that is giving me the
error.  I have even build another server and added it to my group and that
server has the CSN too old errors.  I have only two servers that are
actually sync'ing at this time.

olcSyncrepl: {2}rid=006 provider=ldap://tn-ldap-a-3.<mydomain>.com
binddn="<credentials>" bindmethod=simple credentials=<Password>
searchbase="dc=<mydomain>,dc=com" type=refreshAndPersist retry="5 5 5 +"
timeout=1
Thanks,
Eric