Re: Syncrepl issue with one node

--On Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:50 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

We are running openLDAP 2.4.39 in an MMR replication on Ubuntu 14.04.  I
have one node that is not wanting to sync with other nodes giving the
following error:

Jun  9 06:51:35 tn-ldap-a-1 slapd[3138]: do_syncrep2: rid=005 CSN too old,
ignoring 20150609115135.153480Z#000000#003#000000

As you can see the CSN shows the exact same time the time that is being
logged. We are in the U.S. Central timezone.  I have checked our ntp
service on my three nodes.  All three are pointed to the same ntp and are
in sync.  Would be possible that one node might still be just a few
miliseconds too fast and the csn timestamp would appear wrong?  Is there a
logging level I can set for that specific issue?  I am currently logging
the sync records.  I can go to debug in needed.

a) Please don't resend your emails to the list. The first one got through fine, which you could easily verify by looking at the list archives.

b) Not enough information provided here to go on. Are all server IDs unique? Are all syncrepl clauses unique per DB? Personally I've never found ntpd particularly good at keeping clocks in sync. I've generally resorted to running ntpdate frequently out of cron, particularly for VMs.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.