Re: Have problem searching against ldap server after asyn sasl bind

Qian Li wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Qian Li wrote:

>>> The ldap client is a daemon which accepts arbitrary request
>>> from outside
>>
>> What kind of requests?
>
> There are IPCs from other processes and the ldap client is only single
> thread.

I did something very similar recently.

>> I don't know what's your exact use-case. But if you're cautious about
>> performance you should open a connection pool of persistent connections and
>> always bind *once* during connection lifetime.
>
> Yes, persistent connections pool is another solution.
> The search operation works in both async simple bind and sync
> SASL/DIGEST-MD5 bind, but doesn't work in async SASL/DIGEST-MD5 bind. This
> confuses me...

You have to wait for the SASL bind to complete *before* sending the subsequent
search operation anyway => persistent connections are *the* solution.

In my case such a simple local demon served 300+ requests/second with the LDAP
server with debug log and the demon running on the same old laptop. One
request to the demon sends three synchronous LDAP requests.

Ciao, Michael.