Re: Have problem searching against ldap server after asyn sasl bind

Qian Li wrote:
> Recently, I tried to write a ldap client to do ldap search asynchronously,
> but failed to perform search operation after a successful async sasl
> (digest-md5) bind.

What's your use-case for having async bind operation?

Note that the bind operation is somewhat special because it establishs a
security context/association.

> I compared the captured sync and async packets:
>
> In sync bind, the search packets were encrypted.
>
> In async bind, after sasl (digest-md5) binding to ldap server
> asynchronously (by calling ldap_sasl_interactive_bind() twice),
> ldap_search_ext() was called. But the search packet was in plain text. Then
> the ldap server reset the connection or just didn’t response (in the case
> of MSAD).

Note that SASL bind with DIGEST-MD5 does *not* give you any encryption of the
transport channel. Working with MS AD are you looking for SASL/GSSAPI?

Ciao, Michael.