Re: Invalid DN errors

--On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:09 PM -0600 Nick Bright <nick.bright@valnet.net> wrote:

So clearly, the value your application is supplying is not valid, thus
the error is correct.  I would suggest using a more appropriate
attribute.
Thank you. I'll attempt to do so. Any suggestions or guidance?

That will depend a lot on what you want your application to do, and what it is expecting... Many people use uid as the RDN. If you're attempting to hide the uid out of the DN by using a different attribute, then you may want to create your own custom attribute, or find something else out of the various schema that come with openldap that better suits your needs. I.e., I don't know what your end goals/needs are, so it's hard to say anything past generalizations.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.