Re: adding VLV support to OpenLDAP 2.4.31

Hello Dieter,

Thank you for your input.

> It seems you have not configured sssvlv, read man slapo-sssvlv(5) and
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-09

I glanced through the IETF document, and see nothing concerning the
OpenLDAP SSSVLV configuration. Please advise what section contains
relevant information.

The slapo-sssvlv(5) man page indeed covers configuration. I see only
three (3) values there: sssvlv-max, sssvlv-maxkeys and
sssvlv-maxperconn. According to the same man page, there is a default
for each of those. I assumed this means that if the value is not
specified, the default is used.
Is this wrong?

Further, I understand that the man page must be clear and I probably
read it incorrectly, yet...
It is clear from the man slapo-sssvlv(5) page that when slapd.conf is
being used, the options should appear after the overlay directive.
Even I got this. Where those options should go when cn=config is used?
I do not understand it from the man page. Is this something to be
specified using ldapmodify?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Igor Shmukler