Re: ldappasswd usage problems

I'm not setting up any new 10 boxes. They're on there way out. I have
lots of 12. 14 is in the pipeline. There a lot of servers, so it takes
time. This is what I did. I just made a little awk script to generate
the LDIF. The transcript follows:

$ cat gen_pw_ldif
#!/usr/bin/awk -f

# This filter reads on the standard in
# The first column is the user id.
# The second column is the password

{

## Password generation command
 pw_gen_cmd = "slappasswd -s "$2

 ## Generate it and close the command
 pw_gen_cmd | getline my_pw_hash
 close(pw_gen_cmd)

 print("dn: uid="$1",ou=people,dc=example,dc=com")
 print("changetype: modify")
 print("add: userPassword")
 print("userPassword: "my_pw_hash)
 print("")
}
$ cat pw.txt
bruce somepassword
sfo:tmp bruce.carleton$ cat pw.txt | ./gen_pw_ldif
dn: uid=bruce,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: userPassword
userPassword: {SSHA}bedZtoek9zYOquI7tHigo5Mw6GzcPNB0

$