Re: Addressbook in LDAP ... should be simple right?

On 09-07-14 06:46, Adam Goryachev wrote:
[snip]
So, does anyone even use ldap for a email address book (with any email
client)? How do you use that/make it work?

I use Zarafa & Z-Push and use the addressbook of Zarafa's WebApp webclient or the one in Thunderbird. I use those addressbooks in a basic way (no groups, lists, etc). I made them work by configuring Zarafa so it uses OpenLDAP and in Thunderbird I use the Z-Sync add-on which syncs with Z-Push. It's been quite stable for me for the past years. On my GSM I use the Touchdown client. All communications are via TLS/SSL with client cert auth enforced.

Thanks again for your suggestions, I will look into sogo at some stage,
but my current readings suggested it was not a stable platform to try to
use daily in a company environment... Even though carddav would work
nicely on the mobiles.

AFAIK SoGo is production ready as are Zarafa and Zimbra and AFAIK they all support LDAP. Worth a look.

HTH,
Patrick