Re: LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR not working.

Seshadri, Anitha wrote:
> I would like to open a discussion with OpenLDAP team.

Please don't spam all these e-mail adresses.

openldap-technical@openldap.org is sufficient for asking OpenLDAP usage questions.

> We are currently using OpenLdap 2.4.16 version on Win 64 .We are using RSA and MES Shareadapter internally to build the openldap libs.
>
> I am getting the below error when I use Sha-256 (2048 key length) certificates:
>
> ldap_sasl_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1) error:14090086:SSL routines: SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
>
> I am using the option LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR and pass the cert directory which has the certificates. This fails.
> But the same passes when I use LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE and point to the certicate which is of .pem format.

I assume you're using the OpenLDAP client libs on Windows. Furthermore I
assume that you've linked OpenLDAP to the OpenSSL libs.

If yes, then using LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR might fail since you did not put
the CA certs with hash-based file names into there. Normally on Unixoid
systems like Linux one creates symbolic links with the cert hash as name.

So this seems rather to be a question on how to correctly use OpenSSL on Windows.

Ciao, Michael.