Re: Moving From Debian 2.4.31/hdb to LTB 2.4.39/mdb

--On March 4, 2014 at 10:46:23 AM -0600 Andy Dorman <adorman@ironicdesign.com> wrote:

Question #2.  This may be a simple one....When reading the latest
OpenLDAP docs at http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html I
noticed that there are no references to back_mdb in the configuration
documentation...Specifically, "Table 5.2: Database Backends" and "Table
6.2: Database Backends" do not show an "mdb" option.  Is this an
oversight or is mdb going away already or am I completely confused?  I
suspect the answer is #3  ;-)

back-mdb was introduced well into the 2.4 release, and much of the documentation has yet to be updated to reflect its presence. If you check out current git-master, I've been steadily updating the documentation there to include back-mdb. There's still plenty more to update however. ;) I do advise reading the back-mdb manpage as well.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc