Re: Proper way to configure custom schemas

--On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:11 PM +0200 Nerijus Kislauskas <nerijus.kislauskas@ktu.lt> wrote:

Why newest slapd can not be added to Debian wheezy-updates or backports
repository? Wheezy-updates is used for packages with frequent changes.
slapd perfectly fits in it. Why Debian slapd package maintainers tries
to make my life already difficult more harder? Even Debian unstable
(sid) holds 2.4.31. Does anybody know what are they doing? What is their
goal?

Your question is for Debian, not the OpenLDAP list. I suggest you read over <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=725091> for details on their view about why they are happy to continually release broken packages for their consumers.

No one sane uses the packages from Debian/Ubuntu. If you want sanely built pacakges, use the ones from the LTB project or Symas.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.