Re: Proper way to configure custom schemas

On 02/07/2014 05:50 PM, Chris Card wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done this frequently - just create an LDIF file for ldapmodify
> which adds the new attribute type and replaces the object class
> definition. There's no need to delete the object class and add it again
> in my experience.

This works perfectly with 1 objectClass. How about 100? 1000? 1 million?
In such scenarios 1) remove old and 2) add new objectClas+extras looks
the only way.

Why newest slapd can not be added to Debian wheezy-updates or backports
repository? Wheezy-updates is used for packages with frequent changes.
slapd perfectly fits in it. Why Debian slapd package maintainers tries
to make my life already difficult more harder? Even Debian unstable
(sid) holds 2.4.31. Does anybody know what are they doing? What is their
goal?
--
Sincerely,
Nerijus Kislauskas