Re: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 02:25:45PM +0100, Simone Piccardi wrote:

(SNIP)

> these last two are far usually done with a service restart, or, when
> the service support the online changes, with a service reload or a
> kill -HUP.

Therein lies the issue with the text config file for some of us - we are not able to interrupt the ldap service which supports critical customer-facing services. Or, more specifically, we are not able to interrupt ldap service without floods of really grumpy master tickets. The cn=config layout really helps here.

For my part I had ldap bootstrapped via puppet into a full cn=config supplier/consumer multimaster setup, but I never got as far as a type/provider to configure ACLs or anything.

(SNIP)