Re: Re: OpenLDAP Multiple User Import --- Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Brian Reichert wrote:
> Unrelated to OP's problem, I've seen LDIF files that had UTF8 characters
> and/or weird EOL characters, that many editors will helpfully hide from
> you.

UTF-8 characters are perfectly legal in values, as documented in both the
RFC and the ldif(5) manpage.

DOS-style line-endings (CRLF instead of just LF) are also perfectly legal
(though the ldif(5) manpage doesn't mention that).  You can even mix CRLF
and LF line-endings inside a single file.

(Really folks, the RFC isn't that hard to read.)

Philip Guenther