Re: Re: OpenLDAP Multiple User Import --- Low Sensitivity/Aerospace Internal Use Only

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 11:45:16AM -0800, Philip Guenther wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Warron S French wrote:
> > Philip, are you saying that if you are using VI in editor mode and turn on
> > set list  to make sure that a $ is in the first column as opposed to " $"
> > in the first two columns?
>
> That sounds like a reasonable way to check for trailing whitespace and
> other special characters, yes.

I go low-tech in circumstances like this, and use 'od' or 'hexdump'.

Unrelated to OP's problem, I've seen LDIF files that had UTF8
characters and/or weird EOL characters, that many editors will
helpfully hide from you.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large