How to find a users last password change date/time

Hello All,

I am new to OpenLDAP but have it up and running and have allowed users to change their own password.  I was about to start working on a Perl script to grab the last password change date/time and email a user a few days before it expires.  I have done that before with Perl using Active Directory as the LDAP server.

The problem is that when I use ldapsearch, I can see the user attributes including the hashed password but I don't see where it stores the last time a password was changed?  In the event it matters, I am using bdb as the database and everything else including logins is working fine.

Am I using the wrong tool?  How can I get this information?

Thank you in advance.