[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to find a users last password change date/time
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How to find a users last password change date/time
- From: Kyle Harris <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:10:40 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=5THXKI4BNIB3Vwd3k+CDPOHaaVjkoJcIKcQo/yQSq/c=; b=gjLqlxyu9g68wmsWMHprLK7AV2YfTo5LixzshQlpfdEcvNCZMjp3rUOOFNFIF2VJz5 L99itJjads1f+YhVby3x7e8j+TL8kzKmfepFWDa+7he4J9W9SG8TEW4PzbtfLmNgoEyn PEhDJL2GmcjJzGpJ9iOWYuw+RmkXDtrqta98zqEntetpk/o/cTJNAyfmq/lOzwqNI2d/ qe3jTbtDTuml8BUqGPcEtdUcLu3B0ART6aAABwZ7fl5KHtP+lbvTN1GILyRXlTJkWfFM 5ViKRI8eBR9+DZxt7kuYBQaEQ3VlaFMuoG52XHH75sKXMx8Hda6LqW98xzgThHR9oiiT rGvw==
I am new to OpenLDAP but have it up and running and have allowed users to change their own password. I was about to start working on a Perl script to grab the last password change date/time and email a user a few days before it expires. I have done that before with Perl using Active Directory as the LDAP server.
The problem is that when I use ldapsearch, I can see the user attributes including the hashed password but I don't see where it stores the last time a password was changed? In the event it matters, I am using bdb as the database and everything else including logins is working fine.
Am I using the wrong tool? How can I get this information?
Thank you in advance.