Re: How to find a users last password change date/time

Am Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:10:40 -0600
schrieb Kyle Harris <kyle@theharrishome.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I am new to OpenLDAP but have it up and running and have allowed
> users to change their own password.  I was about to start working on
> a Perl script to grab the last password change date/time and email a
> user a few days before it expires.  I have done that before with Perl
> using Active Directory as the LDAP server.
>
> The problem is that when I use ldapsearch, I can see the user
> attributes including the hashed password but I don't see where it
> stores the last time a password was changed?  In the event it
> matters, I am using bdb as the database and everything else including
> logins is working fine.
>
> Am I using the wrong tool?  How can I get this information?

You may search for all operational attributes by adding + (plus) to the
search string (RFC 3673), or search for the modifyTimestamp attribute
type, or add a password policy to the system, see man slapo-ppolicy(5).

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de