Re: OpenLDAP-Client TLS

On 11/16/12 09:45 +0100, Martin.Heinzmann@belden.com wrote:
Now i want the connection to be secure by executing a "Simple TLS handshake
". I changed my hostname variable to "ldaps://ip:636" and tried
"ldap_start_tls_s(ld,NULL,NULL)" before the bind but get a "cant contact
ldap server" error. I think my active directory is configured the right way
because with JXplorer it works over ssl and port 636.

'ldaps://ip:636' or 'ldap://ip' with start_tls is almost certainly wrong. You should be using 'ldap[s]://hostname'.